• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's LA's

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanM

NAXJA Forum User
1st off, I'll say, they are lying.

They are 2" tube with 3/16" wall, not .250" as per the web page.

SO, my RE threaded rod's (FOR 1.5" I.D.) were not tight in the tube. I Eyeballed them pretty well, tac'd them, check, then burned it. Serious Plug weld on the inside of the tube. May plug the outside too. sanded them down some and painted. Krylon Battleship grey . 1" SF couplers BTW.
6sg59x0.jpg

Added the RE TJ/XJ/ZJ LA upper radius arms.
85y3250.jpg

6qdwf3m.jpg

6u5vj7k.jpg

Last edited:
The rusty's LA are already adjustable why did you feel the need to do this?

Also got any proof they are 3/16" I am getting ready to cut mine for a different reason and just talked to Rusty last week, he assured me they were 1/4".

RyanM said:
1st off, I'll say, they are lying.

They are 2" tube with 3/16" wall, not .250" as per the web page.

SO, my RE threaded rod's (FOR 1.5" I.D.) were not tight in the tube. I Eyeballed them pretty well, tac'd them, check, then burned it. Serious Plug weld on the inside of the tube. May plug the outside too. sanded them down some and painted. Krylon Battleship grey . 1" SF couplers BTW.

Something doesnt make sense?2"OD .25" wall would be 1.5"ID.The Large RE joint uses 1-1/4" rod,the small RE joint uses 1" rod.

Ryan, if they are not 1/4 let me know, some tubing is machine where the insert goes but it should be 1/4.

Limited Warranty
Rusty's Off Road products are warranted to be free from material and workmanship defects for as long as the original purchaser owns the vehicle. Rusty's limit of liability under this warranty is to repair or replace the defective product. Cost such as labor fees, loss of use, loss of time and freight charges are not covered. If you think you have a defective product, contact us for a return authorization.

No reason to start bashing, WE have had this warranty ever since we built the first part, if a part fails or breaks , send it back and we'll fix or replace it.

The new Forge Joints advertised on our ad are ours, not JJ. We now have a new trac bar that is bigger than anyone elses, bar and joint, I started building trac bars before anyone else back when 31's where big, lifts and tires have got bigger.
No reason to post to this, It's just info, I would like Ryan to contact me to find out about his arms.
Thanks for your time

what diameter thread tre/rod end/joint do you use on your tracbars now?

I just checked the website, don't see an improved trackbar yet. When will we see that? I'm really interested!

I would like to swap mine!!! Track bar that is....mine has the threaded cap welded on...

Thanks that would be great!! And welcome to :NAXJA: Rusty!!!

yes welcome indeed! I wont bash but personally I have broken the trac bar and had an overload leaf break, send them back? or scrap them?

RCP Phx said:
Something doesnt make sense?2"OD .25" wall would be 1.5"ID.The Large RE joint uses 1-1/4" rod,the small RE joint uses 1" rod.
its 1.25" 12 threaded rod, but is fatter at the end.... calls for 1.5" ID(inner diameter) TUBE!

Hold on for some more pics!

And for whoever asked why did i change his already adjustable design? Cause it clanks at the mall and offroad! The RE Superflex and RE radius uppers are much better. With jam nuts no noise is produces. The only noise will be is when my SF's are shot......

The RE spuds measured probably 1/32" less than 1.5" So that gap plus the rustys gap left, well a gap. Parts for rebuilding is already in process!!

..0.jpg

8abspya.jpg

716foys.jpg

87nyr7c.jpg

85x98n6.jpg

Rusty said:
No reason to start bashing,

haha Search newbie

Last edited:
Wow thats interesting, looks thicker than .188" but not .250".You should try and get a caliper on it,ID and OD?
Im a little concerned about those welds!

RyanM said:

I have to admit that looks like 3/16 to me.

I'm .. amazed .. to see Rusty log in here and attempt to stand behind his products. Maybe Rough Country has rubbed off on him.

We'll see how this goes. Too bad I scrapped the bin of broken rusty's parts. ;)

RCP Phx said:
Wow thats interesting, looks thicker than .188" but not .250".You should try and get a caliper on it,ID and OD?
Im a little concerned about those welds!
Yea thats what I was saying! I just said 3/16" Cuz I KNEW it Was NOT quarter inch lol. Can't find my caliper at the moment, will do tomarrow.

Welds are fine. plug weld got sloppy on the inside cuz i did them after I installed them. And the plasma fudged em up. i said new ones are in process!

Last edited:
I have been a sponcor of NAXJA since it was formed back in the 90's, I dont have the time to bounce around the forums, Someone called and told me about the post so I came to check it out, years ago so many of my post turn into a bash fest and nothing was solved so I quit coming to the forum. We still have alot of customers that come from the NAXJA site and we thank them for it.
The pictures do show 3/16 tubing and it's our arm, well it should be 1/4 , I will find out what could have happen. Ryan , all I can say right now is if they bend or whatever I 'll give you another one, as I will with any of our products, I see people post about broken parts, I would call any manufacture I was buying parts from if it broke before I posted on a site,It's wierd I get very few calls on broke or bad parts. We had a leaf spring problem 5 to 6 years ago and we fixed it, we now use the same company as RE and Fabtech. I love when people say that our and RE quality in springs are so different, they come right out of the same factory. Same as the new trac bar, Lifts and tires are getting bigger and bigger so we are doing the same.
Ryan give me a call, I wish I had the time to come back and regularly post but I just dont, we are adding on to our building again and will soon have our laser in place and we will be busy, again thanks for your time

So even though you sold him ".250" arms and they are clearly 3/16, you aren't going to replace them until they bend? Shouldn't you be shipping a set of arms made from quarter inch out today?

I will talk directly to him to decide what he wants, he has changed the arms to different parts, and I feel sure he will never have a issue with them but it's his decision what he wants us to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back