• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Installed JKS bar Pin Eliminators on Rear DIY

SOUTHTEXASXJ

NAXJA Forum User
OK Before I start I just wanted to let everyone know I didnt cut the carpet the previous owner had allready done that, I would have removed the entire carpet if it was me!

Ok someone had attempted to drill the old bolts out that had broke and made a mess of the mounts and had bolts running from under the carpet down through the shock mounts!!

I air chisled what was left of the old nuts and bolts out from below the rig.I then went into the cargo area and where the carpet had been cut took a uni-bit and opened the holes up enough to install the allen head bolts that come with the JKS bpe's.

barpin.jpg

Then you can get on the new bolt with a allen wrench!

barpin1.jpg

I then went and installed the bpe's on my new RC shocks. { you need to grease the pin to install them into the bpe's and you will need a vise{ I used a C clamp } to put the preload on the bushing and install the roll pin.

barpin2.jpg

Here is one in the vise{ C-clamp }! The small screwdriver is pointing to the roll pin that has been driven in to lock the bar in place. repeat this for the other shock.

barpin4.jpg

Here is a pic of the allen bolts from underneath before the shock has been installed.

barpin3.jpg

Next I had a helper hold the allen wrench in the rear cargo area and I got below and tightened the 2 upper bolts on each side evenlly then the 2 bottom shock bolts.
ALL DONE!! tomarrow I am doing the front with JKS upper and lower mounts I will post that also!

left side!

barpin5.jpg

Right side!

barpinright.jpg

shock.jpg

Dont know if anyone will find this usefull or not just trying to help out!!

how did u know where to drill in the cargo area, just by the existing holes? i have the same problem, except i got ghetto mounts welded on my jeep .

XBoBJ said:
how did u know where to drill in the cargo area, just by the existing holes? i have the same problem, except i got ghetto mounts welded on my jeep .

I drilled from the bottom up to get a idea where to drill

Back