• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97+ overhead console interchangability

gte636p

NAXJA Forum User
I've done the searching, and I remember a little bit from my reading earlier this summer. The grand cherokees will not work with the 97+, aside fromt the earlier 93-95 years with the buble for remote entry (and only then you get temp and compass) after those years it's a waste for me. So, the jeep line is out of question.

What differences are there in the chrysler/dodge computers? I would like to be able to have a proper overead console for my '98, and the wiring doesn't scare me. All I've got now is the overhead fom my '96 that is going in this weekend, but I would likethe extra computer doo-dad options that came with the '98 console. Is it possile to pull a display from another chrylser/dodge to get it to work?

There was a thread from a caravan console, but all i remember him getting was the temp and compass. Is there a way to get the computers to talk to eachother an display the remaining information?

Possibly but your problem will be that the readings might not be accurate because they are for a different vehicle (fuel tank volume, engine size, etc...).

Back