• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rotor question for 14 bolt conversion and tire size

mk153smaw

NAXJA Forum User
I have searched the threads and couldn't find a strait answer.
When converting to disc brakes for the 14b FF I have read that the 73-85 front rotors should be used from GM along with the 76-78 caddy eldorado calipers (to have an e-brake).
What I don't know, maybe I am over thinking it (most likely), is which front rotors? Do I need to grab them from a 4X4 truck? or are all the rotors the same for the front, 4X4 or not?

Also, I have trimmed alot from my front fenders (I cut the shape from the OEM fenders a template for what I wanted gone) and removed about 2" from my rear radius up to the door zone. With the 14b axle tube being larger I will be gaining about 1" or so of "lift" away from the axle from the the old 35C.
My question is this, With respect to gas and a 4.56 gearing for right now, can I run 35's on my 3"ish lift or stick with the 33's I had planned on. I may get a 1.5 spacer for the front because the spring has dropped and I want to have the rig only slightly leaned forward (I am off by 2" right now in the front).

The 14b is massively modified and has the same, if not a smidge more, clearance than the d35C had.

Last edited:
My little name pictureshows the cut on the fenders making my 31's look tiny.

Back