• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

guage wire

blackdoutxj

NAXJA Forum User
which wire is it in the radio for power so i can tap into it for a guage im doin right now!?

anyone?!

You just need 12v power? If your radio harness hasnt been tampered with it should be the red wire, should have writing on it "+12v" or something of that sort. I'm pretty sure that is only powered when the key is turned on if thats what you're looking for.

your radio will have two power wires, one constant 12v which is why you dont lose settings when you turn the car off and one switched which is what turns hte radio on when you turn on the car. one is red one is yellow i think.

ahhh thank u both... now how should i wire them i was gonna use a 2-1 connector...think that will do?!

If you want the radio on all the time... ie, you turn it on via the power button whenever you want, just connect the (usually) red and yellow wires off the radio to the constant power in the Jeep. Make sure you terminate (tape, butt connect, whatever) the switched wire so it can't short on anything.

hmmm ok ill do that tomorrow:)!

Back