• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

leak on passenger side

also check the return hose (or whatever it is) that goes from the blower motor into the firewall. When I first bought mine, it had been knocked free somehow and was sucking water off the firewall and blowing it all over the passenger floor pan. I put a little silicone on there and plugged it back in--so far no more water entering the area. Unfortunately, I didn't catch it before it had soaked all the carpet underlay and more or less fried my blower motor. It has worked intermittently since then, but Ive found I can just give it a little wack with a hammer to free the brushes, just like on a stuck starter.

leak

had same pro. on1994 grd. chero. limited. pulled most of my hair out ,but located source. under dasboard ,pass. side between dash &firewall your ac cooling unit drains threw firewall by means of small hose or plastic fitting,this is built into the blower motor houseing,
. this is very difficult to get to unless you remove entire dashboard. what i did was clean area around drain,fill gap with a cheap caulking then wrap a piece of cloth around area ,followed by a hose clamp. NO MORE SOAKED PASS. FLOOR DOARD!!
GOOD LUCK. if you don't use AC this won't leak,HA

Could also be getting in via the fresh air intake in the cowl. If you remove your blower and reach up you can feel. Mine leaks anytime I parking it facing up hill during a rain storm.

Re: leak

splitshotka@yahoo. said:
had same pro. on1994 grd. chero. limited. pulled most of my hair out ,but located source. under dasboard ,pass. side between dash &firewall your ac cooling unit drains threw firewall by means of small hose or plastic fitting,this is built into the blower motor houseing,
. this is very difficult to get to unless you remove entire dashboard. what i did was clean area around drain,fill gap with a cheap caulking then wrap a piece of cloth around area ,followed by a hose clamp. NO MORE SOAKED PASS. FLOOR DOARD!!
GOOD LUCK. if you don't use AC this won't leak,HA
Please tell me English is your second language. :twak:

Back