• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lower rear quarter panel cut and fold

Mr. Pickle

NAXJA Forum User
I am going to cut and fold my lower rear quarter panels. Can anyone hook me up with some pics of what it looks like after? I would like pics of it with and without tire carriers. Thanks much!

Mr. Pickle said:
I am going to cut and fold my lower rear quarter panels. Can anyone hook me up with some pics of what it looks like after? I would like pics of it with and without tire carriers. Thanks much!
Justin had probably the best writeup out there. Search through threads he started http://www.naxja.org/forum/member.php?u=4197 The thread has the pic links broken in the beginning but someone reposted them later in the thread.

SVI_0001000.jpg

Thanks for the info everyone, I really appreciate it. Now I can fix the xj this weekend and get her ready to wheel again. :)

I pretty much followed the instructions as previously mentioned.

As another option if you don't want to weld it:
I folded it and used some of the roof sealer in the gap. Then I used sheet metal screws to tighten it all together. After that I used the bondo with the fiberglass in it over the top to make sure it was sealed up. Finished it off with some herculiner.

Sorry I don't have in process pics, but here's a finished one.

P1010510.jpg

Back