• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exide Orbital Sucks

jwtrapper

NAXJA Forum User
I have been trying to get Checkers to warranty my Exide Orbital battery for 2 months now with no luck. I called the corp. number and they where no help. I called Exide and they where no help.

4amp draw dead battery in about 20min
.25amp draw dead battery in about 14 hrs. What the hell!!!:flamemad:

Checkers has tested it three times and they say "We have lots of problems with these batteries." Well all but mine and they say its good every time. :twak:

I have to jump it all of the time. If I drive it every 8 to 10 hrs its fine and fires up like a new battery, but let it sit any longer than that and its dead. How can I kill this battery so that they will warranty it? Any ideas on what to do other than cut my losses and go buy a new battery.

any chance the place checking it for you has a work truck? ask them to toss it in before a weekend and see how they like it come Monday.
Seriously, give them the chance to prove to you in a real world scenario that the battery is 'still good'

That sucks man, i have one of these in my Jeep and its awesome, im sorry your experience is bad. Im assuming that you have checked your alternator?
I have also had fairly decent service from Schucks (Same as Checkers), i would have thought they would have swapped it no problem. Other then cutting your loss (its a big loss) i dont know if there is much else you can do but get your GF / Wife / or other woman who knows how to really get nasty and start demanding some action to be taken.

is this your DD or does it sit for awhile? which orbital is it? the red top one is junk, the black ones are better at sitting for awhile, and the blue top marine deep cycle ones work really well for vehicles that arent driven every day.

put a test light between your posistive terminal and the positive on your battery if it lights up bright u got yourself a good draw. If very dim it should be normal (keep memory fo ecu,radio,etc.)

KRAKER said:
Maybe you have a parasitic draw!?

What is this you speak of???

With everything turned off like it would be sitting over night I have a .25 amp draw.
With it sitting in the drive way off with the door open like I would be working on it, its drawing about 4 amps.

This is using an amp meeter between the battery and cable.

yeah thats pretty high!!! should be like .04 milliamp or thereabouts, I just double checked if it is enough even to light the testlamp dimly its to much of a draw and will kill your battery over a period

I have the Napa Orbitol ( made by Exide) been in 2 years no issues

downsized_0103080945.jpg

With everything off.

downsized_0103080946-1.jpg

With the interior lights on.

I did get Checker to replace the battery today. I was 7 days away from 2 years on this battery.

Back