• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What size is the pitman arm nut?

I hope this is not another, " I have 3" of lift and am getting deathwobble, I need a 1" drop pitman arm"

:D:D

RyanM said:
I hope this is not another, " I have 3" of lift and am getting deathwobble, I need a 1" drop pitman arm"

:D:D
Close,but even with his 4.5" he shouldnt need one!

SnagglePuss said:
You guys are hilarious.
:rolleyes:
So enlighten us all and explain why your doing it!Maybe you figured out something totally new that nobody knows about?

SnagglePuss said:
My Rock Krawler LA kit came with a new pitman arm.
So what !!!!!That doesnt make it right!Have you relocated the trackbar?

Dropping the pitman and not the track bar will make them off plane, giving you worse steering. Best way to 'improve' drag link angle is at the knuckle IMO. I run a ZJ pitman to make my Drag link parallel with my t.b.not for solely drag link angles.

Same scenario, you don't just slap a tera knuckle on and leave the track bar the same :gee:

RyanM said:
Dropping the pitman and not the track bar will make them off plane, giving you worse steering. Best way to 'improve' drag link angle is at the knuckle IMO.
Ah, that make sense. The DL and TB should ideally be at the same angle throughout the flex of the suspension. I can picture that in my pea-brain.
Thanks.

SnagglePuss said:
Yeah, I will lower the trackbar frame mount.
Thats a real big NO-NO.Why dont you do as suggested earlier and kick back for awhile and "Digest" some info.GUNG-HO on an XJ is not easy!

RCP Phx said:
Thats a real big NO-NO.Why dont you do as suggested earlier and kick back for awhile and "Digest" some info.GUNG-HO on an XJ is not easy!

I bought a "complete" kit so I can rely on someone smarter than I to design and build a suspension better than I ever could. I just have to bolt it together.

Back