• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shifter trouble

jeep/bronco

NAXJA Forum User
i have noticed the past few days that when i lock it down in parttime low it wants to pop out some it does not do it in parttime high just when it all the way back what could cause this and could it be simply a linkage adjustment?

I understand that it would be a linkage adjustment. Put it in 4lo and crawl underneath your jeep and see if the shifter is hitting the tcase, if it is then you will have to adjust it or cut the shifter (Next to the tcase)

Hopw this helps a little
I'm sure others will chime in also.

the shift linkage needs adjusted. It is a simple adjustment to do.

When you start adjusting the linkage it would be wise to mark where the linkage is at currently so when yous start moving it around you know how much you've moved, it's easy to mix it up and start adjusting the wrong way. Just a little FYI

no not yet i dont need to yet im looking at buying a 1.5 inch drop kit for the tcase but not sure if im gonna do that or actually break down and spend 500 bucks on an sye

Back