• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.10 Rear & 4.11 Front with NV242

waskie

NAXJA Forum User
Doing some spreadsheeting/planning on my build and I've got a few questions on gearing and the 242 case.

Background: I've got a D30/D35 setup now, but have access to a D2 LSD Explorer 8.8 with 4.10s. The plan is to spend money on the 8.8 MORE kit and Superior Super 88 with SSR 32x11.5 tires, RE 4.5 kit, and ARB up front. By getting by with the LSD, I put off a rear ARB for a bit longer, and the expense of a set of gears for the rear.

1. Based on what I've read the LSD will not affect on road driving in full-time negatively...right?

2. Will the .01 gear difference affect on road in full-time or part-time negatively?

3. I've read that 4.56 gearing seems to work best with 32/33...will I hate the 4.10/11 combo?

Last edited:
1. Correct

2. Nope. Plenty of vehicles came with that mismatch from the factory, even as much as 3.55/3.50 in some 44/9" applications.

3. Won't hate it, but 4.56 would just be a little better.

vetteboy sumed it up. I ran 4.10/4.11 combo on 32's for years and got by fine.

Vetteboy, thanks for the response.

XJ&TJ4ME, did you run it with a 242 tcase?

I have ran it with both 242 and 231. I ran the 242 a very short time and swapped the 231 in and have been running it since. No problems with either.

Back