• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D60 width issue

mk153smaw

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I have the 14bolt rear with C&C hubs making the 63" WMS measurement.
My goal is to have a D60 up front eventually. Does anyone know of any setups that are 63" or really close? Currently my plan is pull one from an old Ford but I dont know where to start looking, year, type?

Stock fronts? None that I know of, although you may be able to run some sort of DRW arrangement.

My bigger question is why you think you need to narrow a 14b and D60 to use under an XJ? Any tire size that requires those axles will either:

- need the original axle width to have adequate clearance for articulation

or

- will be extremely tall for the tires you're running

Between the inner front wheelwells and the rear wheel openings, it sounds like you've got a lot of cosmetic surgery ahead of you. What exactly is your goal here?

The eventual goal is a rockcrawler/trailer rig. The shafts are not getting narrowed, just the pumkin is geting a shave for bottom clearance. The C&C hub switch on the SRW unit is fairly common. Now when I put on 13.5's I will not need to run a spacer to make the wheel fit, since a 1.5 or a 2.0 would have had to been used.
I had severely modified the 4.0 to 5.0ish and the tranny is getting beefed along with me finding a 242HD to match up with the drive train.
Also the fenders have been "opened" up alot already for the future plan of larger tires space.
This is a planned project and I dont want any "half-way" parts.

Back