• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Are these codes related?

R6TeXJ

NAXJA Forum User
background: 97, aw4, 4.0...and its green :D

Background2: A few months ago I cleaned my NSS and put it back together and all worked fine, the jeep started up and reverse lights worked once again. Then I forgot to put fluid back in the radiator after a water pump change, long story short, I replaced that old motor with one from a salvage yard. After the install everything is working ok. I have maybe 30 mins of use with the motor after install.

Now the codes popped up, P0705 = Transmission Range Sensor Circuit Malfunction(PRNDL input). And code P0135 = O2 sensor heater circuit malfunction (bank 1 sensor 1)

It seems the p0705 has to do with the NSS, and the P0135 has to do with, of course, the O2 sensor. Now I came across a thread where the individual had the p0135 code and he found out that they might be related somehow.

My question is how are these related, if they are?

second question, where/which is the bank1 sensor 1, O2 sensor?

thanks

Bank 1 senser 1 is the one before the Cat. I've changed that one on my 97. I bought mine at AutoZone, It was about $65.00. Someone suggested [SIZE=-1]www.oxygensensors.com
[/SIZE]

Back