• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heater problem '01 Cherokee

loup1962

NAXJA Forum User
I have a problem with my '01 heater selector sending the heat where you want it. The air is hot, but when I select the heat to blow out near your feet, it doesn't make it. The defroster is bad also. If I choose it to come out of the A/C ducts it works fine. Seems that is where it will only work. The vaccumm line is connected to the canister in the bumper area and I think the vaccumm of OK. Has anyone had this problem? Any idea on ther fix? Thanks.

When you select it to blow on the floor setting, or the defroster setting, where is actually coming out?

For your defroster it almost sounds like the same issue myself and many others have had. There was a recent thread going on the defroster portion and I posted a page out of my FSM that shows why the defroster doesn't work. Not sure if this is your same issue or not, but it's easy enough to look at. You can find the thread here

When it is set to the floor position, it goes nowhere. After a while you can feel a very slight amount of heat escape from somewhere under the dash. It really is a PITA!!

Back