• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cant get into 4wd Low and...

Hammered

NAXJA Forum User
Not sure if this is the Problem, but with the lift kit came a bracket to lower the 4wd "shifter pin"... Not sure what the exact term is for it. In any case after the lift it would seem I have lost four wheel Low. :confused: High works fine. ...is it possible this bracket that is causing the problem or should I start looking for a Garage.

:bunny: another recent thing, There seems to be a occasional 'ticking' that comes and goes even during idle... I am thinking its a transmission thing. Nothing more than a noise... sounds like a clock, or a time bomb.
...tick tick tick... and the ticking increases if I give it a little gas. Then stops. Some times I dont hear it for a few days. It seems to be more aparent when its cold.

i assume you have a t/case drop kit installed? theres the problem. get under here with a flashlight and adjust the t/case shift rod. it has a coupling that slides on a round shaft and is locked in place with a bolt. loosen the bolt and reset it. the mechanism is now off-center and wont work as smooth before but should work ok without your "bracket" (which i'm not familiar with) but adjust it first and see what you get. also if you did a drop kit you are putting different stress on the exhaust so its likely a small leak..

ok, yes I have a skyjacker T Case lower kit. I'll do as you said. THANKS A MILLION.

I'm still learning about all of this, and am looking into the SYE. In which case I could go without the T Case lowering kit correct?

You are correct, get rid of your TC drop and get your ground clearance back :)

Back