• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

loss of traction

88xjchief said:
When its slighty wet and the motor hits 3k the wheels loose all traction. Does anyone else have that problem? How can I stop it?
How old are the tires? My BFG AT's are 9 years old and whatever throttle i use on wet roads, they lose traction.

Ha. I like the two post count padders above me who have nothing to contribute, but post anyway. :roll:

unless you sandbag the rear end, theres no weight over the wheels...maybe just take it easy on that skinny pedal??

i don't know what kind of answer you're looking for...

crack kills? hmmm

i used to have the same slipping problem in my 96 xj. even with brand new tires. its just that there isnt any weight back there. if i was ever hauling something or packing friends in the back i was fine. and when i was empty easing off on the gas helped.

88xjchief said:
I ask because my xj doesnt do it. The mj does.

EDIT: Tires are in very good shape. 80% tread left.

The XJ has more weight over the rear (drive) wheels and the MJ doesn't and is light in the "ace".

Like what's been mentioned, you need some sand or whatever in that bed right over the rear axel.

:cheers:

Back