• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hey all. Newbie with a lift help needed.

4wheeler93

NAXJA Forum User
Im looking to get about 4'' lift. Right now I purchased the rustys bb kit with the 1.75'' spacer for front and full length add a leaf rear. So can i add a 2'' rusty coil to the front for 3.75'' lift. And add the rusty 2'' lift block to the back with the 2'' aal for 4'' in the back? And use 1'' thick steel spacers to drop the transfer case member? I dont do rock crawling, or any hard lon travel suspension. Just mostly daily driver and occasional muddy trails.

even though your plan will certainly work, a majority of the opinions you're going to receive here are going to tell you to save your money and do things right...that means keeping clear of all lift blocks, AAL, or spacers of most any kind...

with that said, you should be fine if this is a temporary solution to get your heep off the ground...

IMO, be patient and save your cash, you'll be better off for it

good luck

dont forget about ur trackbar!!!
u should be able to re drill it if u are just going to stay at 3.5-3.75" but if u ever plan to go higher i would suggest in purchasing an adjustable one up front.
also look into gettin some wj control arms from the junkyard to clear ur tires from rubbing.

I went a simalar route. I got a hold of some 3 inch coils for up front with the rustys 1.75 spacers. But I also spent most of my money on upper and lower control arms also from Rusty's along with an adjustable track bar. For the rear instead of using a block I went with a 3.5 inch AAL and 1.75 inch shackles also from Rusty's. I netted almost 5 inches of lift and the thing flexes like mad! With the shackles it helped my pinion angle in the rear and only needed a 1 inch spacer to drop the t-case. The front I used my adjustable control arms to dial in everything perfect. For shocks I found a used set locally for free. This is not a DD so I removed both sway bars front and rear. I handles well for being disconnected. I spent around $800 bucks to lift it. The adjustable arms cost around 500 though, couldn't find any used and I was kinda in a hurry to do the lift because I had to take time off of work. Here it is

P1010016-1.jpg

Those are 30s on there in the pic. Right now I am running 31 because they were free. I want to go 33s once I have a set of better gears and a better rear. It only has a D35 right now so I don't want to push it. Its also a 5 speed so it only has 3.07 gears. 31s are o.k for now, but I am easy on the skinny pedal. This is my cheap Jeep. As it stands now I only have around 1200 in it including the price of the jeep!

bandit455 said:
dont forget about ur trackbar!!!
u should be able to re drill it if u are just going to stay at 3.5-3.75" but if u ever plan to go higher i would suggest in purchasing an adjustable one up front.
also look into gettin some wj control arms from the junkyard to clear ur tires from rubbing.

Do you got any write-ups on redrilling the track bar?

o and that will work right? im hearing alot of negative from people with the blocks. And peoples lift trucks with blocks all the time.

What you dont hear about blocks they will kill a leaf pack alot faster than an AAL. You also have more of a chance for axle wrap. If you can get away without them the better off you are. Thats why I went with the Shackles instead of the blocks.

I didn't have to trim with the 31s. I will once I go with 33s. I'll see if I can find some pics with the 31s.

And you know that peoples do what peoples do, don't they?

Do your homework right here and research naxja archives....spend whatever time you need to in order to answer each and every question you have. It's been covered here more times than most peoples can count.

Check out Go Jeep's website for trackbar info and don't be shy about reading what has already been written. Then go talk with your billfold and determine what you can afford to do at this time or be patient enough to wait and do it right the first time which could be the best advice you'll receive today. Naxja can show you so many ways to achieve what it is you want to achieve and (this great organization) will be glad to help as long as you demonstrate your willingness to check out what has already been archived here. Good luck and learn all you can.

trucks use liftblocks all the time... correct.. but the cherokee isnt a truck...
but... its your ride
blocks will be fine at the food court

it's been said a lot on here before, but i'll do it again for the sake of this thread. blocks should not be put on an xj unless absolutely necessary. trucks have a lot stronger leafsprings and less weight iin the back. i ran a 2" block in my old xj and when i took the springs out they were in the shape of a W. don't do it. if you already bought the 1.75" lift go with a 2" shackle for the rear. i haven't seen them many places but they do make them. then go with the 2" coils up front. you won't need another trackbar. if you want to you can get an adjustable one or you can get a drop for the stock one. that's what came with mine. and LCA's are a must if going over 2". if you're on a tight budget use WJ lowers. they're longer than an xj. you won't need a TC drop but if you don't want vibes then get one. i'm runnin a 4.5" lift without one and it has vibrations from 25-35 mph and from 55 up. weird i know. good luck with your lift.

Back