• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OX locker for 29 spline 8.25 axles?

XJ98Jeep

NAXJA Forum User
I really want an OX locker for my 8.25, but it's a 29 spline, and I can't find one anywhere. I didn't see it on OX's website, so hopefully I'm just not seeing it? I would go ARB, but one of my good friends who knows ALOT told me it was really hard to create a high pressure seal that rotates at high speeds, which seems to be true. It seems like ARB has done it, and everything I've read about ARB has been good, but it still made me wary.

Why are you wanting to be locked up at high speeds?

Your 8.25" can only be geared up to 4.56 so if you want go with bigger tires your going to have to swap axles and you'd end up with a dana 44 or a ford 8.8 anyway. What are you planning to do with your axles?

Last edited:
98XJ, I'm not going to be locked up at high speeds, but the seal will still have to rotate at high speeds for highway driving, won't it? This is my DD, I'm running 4.10s on 33x10.50s, and that's where I plan on staying.

Thanks for the help guys, I guess I'm going with ARB. Are there any other companies like OX that make a locker for the 8.25 29 spline?

I know other lockers exist, but I'm looking for something with OX reliability. I'm willing to spend $800 to know that when i engage the locker, it will engage, which is what I'm looking for. Lock-Rights are $250, and I have no idea if they're reliable or not, the same goes with most lockers. I only know that OX is good peoples, and the same goes for ARB.

I've wheeled with dozens of people running ARB's, Detroits, no-slips, aussies, lock-rites, and ecteds - with very few problems. Myself I have run no-slip, ected, aussie, detroit and arb lockers (and at high speed) without problems.

I've wheeled with 3 people that ran OX lockers, 2 of the 3 had critical locker failures while on the trail with me.

The third never actually made it to the trail, although not a locker failure. ;)

I've ran ARB's front and rear in my wrangler now for 10 years with no problems whatsoever. Well with one little problem and luckily I found it before it became a big one. But they've fixed the issue that they were having with the older generation like mine.

How about KISS,Ive been running a No-slip(rear 8.25)/ARB(front) for 7 years now.No issues/No problems.Drives great in snow,ice,rain,mud rocks,etc!

RCP Phx said:
How about KISS,Ive been running a No-slip(rear 8.25)/ARB(front) for 7 years now.No issues/No problems.Drives great in snow,ice,rain,mud rocks,etc!

I've had my no-slip in the d-44 for almost 2 yrs. and have had no prblems at all, I am in florida though so mostly sand and mud, my next upgrade is an arb up front. I also think that any piece of equipment that isn't properly cared for will fail you everytime, that being said if you start with a quality product and take care of it, it will take care of you. Whatever your choice is I'm sure you will be happy with all your research.:peace:

Back