• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help Me out Plz

Wiser

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 3.5" lift kit with AAL. :( Anyway im obviously gonna swich the AAL with leaf packs, wut else could i do for the front and rear to get the most articulation? Shocks? do i need drop brackets? etc...

disconnect the front and remove the rear sway bar

juniorXJ said:
eh, just take them off. you dont need them anyway :)
hahah this is for a DD, driving the Cjaon Pass in the wind :/

Longer shocks are great. You can relocate the the front shock mounts lower by cutting off the spring mount behind the spring and lower the mounts about 2". If you are using a 2" bumpstops in the front you can use a 4" longer shock with about 11"-12" of travel. If you don't want to relocate the lower mounts just use 2" longer shocks. Bent the tabs on the frame just below the UCA mount. Trimming the upper side of the LCA mounts at the axle will allow for more droop if your control arm hits it. A good replacement trackbar will keep that from binding. If you buy a R.E. HD trackbar you can use a ZJ pitman arm to keep the draglink to trackbar angles correct. This will also help keep the draglink from binding.

In the rear raise the mounts about 2", add 2" of bumpstop and move the upper mounts inboard some to allow longer shocks to fit.
A longer rear shackle with poly bushings and a rear poly leaf spring bushing will allow the spring to droop easier and further.

Make sure you use longer brakelines in the front and rear. YJ e-brake cables can be used to replace the too short stock cables.

Back