• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

spider gear Q

ok my truck blew a baring and the casing went in to the spider gears so when i got the truck from my uncle it had no 4WD (they pulled it out when they fixed the baring and i can get it) and still dont. my Q's are is there any posobility that it could have hurt the gears, if so is it beter to just change the gears out or drop the axel out and put a deferint one in or (and this is just a random Q)could i just weld the front up just like people do with the back becuse i wont be driving the tuck on the roads in 4WD other then in the snow at slow speeds

uhm.... what? are you talking about a jeep here or another truck? is it a vacuum disconnect axle or not? lets assume non disco xj front d30.

inspect the ring gear if there are scratches or chunks taken out of them dont reuse em. as far as welding the front up it doesnt matter if its in 4wd or not, the front axle still turns, so you would be fully locked all the time whether you are in 4wd or not. i wouldnt reccomend it unless its going to be a trail only rig.

Back