• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

radiators

azxjman

NAXJA Forum User
I know this has been asked before but what is a good radiator for a good price and where do I get one such as the gdi 3 core.

PERSONAL OPINION INSERT BELOW:---->
"I think GDI makes theeee most crappiest radiators I have seen in my entire life. I Will never put that POS in my Jeep ever again:mad:.

VALEO Radiators so far are thee most quality radiators I have seen (almost makes me want to frame it and hang on my wall:D). Ive had 3 GDIs (<--Crap), a modine rad, and a factory rad.. Valeo radiators are second to none, some how the detial in these radiators I cannot belive the worksmanship on these leave me :eek:. Ive seen some of the be cool radiators and the Valeo quality compared to Becool is night and day. dont get me wrong Be cool makes some top notch stuff to. only down side to valeo, they dont make a 3 row. its only a alluminum 2 row. but so far I havent had a problem...

EDIT: they go around for about $120, definatly worth a try in my book

Last edited:
becool doesnt make a 3 row aluminum rad for flow reasons.... and thier cores are huge. i can't wait to get one in my rig ... i figure with all the money on coolant i spend.. the radiator would be a sound investment.

PS - i had a GDI in my last xj that i got from radiators.com and it did just fine for me. cost me a little over 100 bucks.

I don't think GDI are the crappiest radiators ever. I think the absolute crappiest radiator ever has got to be the stock one that comes in the xj. Now THAT, is a crappy radiator. Mine was completely rotting away. My rig would overheat 5 minutes after i started it up (whether I actually drove it or not) and if you even touched the radiator, all the fins would start falling out in your hands. I went to my local auto parts store and got the ONLY replacement radiator they had, and it just happened to be a GDI 3-row. $150 with a lifetime warranty (I don't know if the warranty was from GDI or Advance Auto Parts, but lifetime is lifetime) Threw it in and my temp hasen't broken 190 in 2 years.

I have had 2 be cool radiators and both came down with leaks within a year of installation. When the they work they kept the Jeep cool, in my option I would look into a different brand. Hope this helps.

Craig

well if anyone knows of a different brand of aluminum radiator that will work in an xj with a sbc and keep it cool let me know... cause so far the custom one i did put in sucks and a buddy of mine with the same conversion has nothing but praise for the becool he is running with his SBC ....

azxjman - when I lived in Phoenix I had a three-core built by a place called Industrial Radiator Supply. Yahoo Yellow Pages doesn't seem to have a listing for them right now though.

I did find a listing for Go/Dan Industries (GDI) in an area that seems pretty close to where IRS was. Go/Dan Industries Inc
2517 W Mcdowell Rd # 107, Phoenix, AZ 85009
Phone: (602) 484-0596

Well thanks for the info I actually didnt know it but I have a gdi 3 core I picked up from autozone with liftime warrenty and I was actually asking the question for a buddy of mine because he was running at 220 all the time

Back