• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TIRES!

Marksman1023

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, first post! Hi, folks, I am the proud owner of a 2001 XJ with 16" rims. I am looking to fit BF Goodrich All-Terrrain T/A KO tires to them. As I understand it my current tire size is 225/70R16 (maybe?). BF Goodrich makes an All-Terrain T/A KO in 225/70SR16 D. Will these tires fit/work for me?

Yes they will but being a "D" rated tire, they will ride rougher then what stock weight rating would be. D and E weight ratings are for heavier vehicles then an XJ. Since I have the same 16" wheels, I did a lot of looking and there is not much out hthere for 16" in a C rating or less. I ended up going with Bridgestone Dueler REVO's in a 245/75-16. Then end up about 31" tall but 9.5" wide which will clear the LCA's. Still haven't put my lift on (hopefully by the end of the month) so I can't tell you how they ride but from all the research I did, everyone who has used the REVO's say they ride very well, are quiet and work better on the street and dirt then BFG A/T's.

My .02 worth.

I had the aluminum 16" rims on my 2000. I found that tires were significantly more expensive in 16" than 15". Say you wanted 31x10.5x15 T/A mud tires, the same size in metric to fit the 16" rim was $50-80. higher in price per tire. I bought some 15" alum XJ rims and the 31x10.5x15 tires. I then sold the 16" on eBay. After I was all done buying and selling, the new 15" rims and tires were cheaper than getting 16" tires only. It is much easier to find used and replacement 15" tires in out of the way places after you have a puncture or two on the trail.

xj_mike said:
...but from all the research I did, everyone who has used the REVO's say they ride very well, are quiet and work better on the street and dirt then BFG A/T's.
Couldn't agree more. I've ran BFGs before and I like the Revos a lot better.

I have 16" Aluminum rims and Cooper Discoverer ATR tires. I like them a lot!

Atl XJ said:
Couldn't agree more. I've ran BFGs before and I like the Revos a lot better.

I'll third the Revo's. I'm running those on the KJ and couldnt believe what they did to improve the handleing and performance on and off road for that jeep. Stick to the road like glue in even the heaviest rain storms. In about a year or so when I replace the bridgestones on my XJ i'm probably gonna go with them.

I had trxxus mt 255/85R/16 on my 6" lifted '87 Comanche. That's 33.5/10.5 (but the knobbies are a bit wider which is why I took them off) I had ZJ 16" alloy wheels. Looked boss, but tire scrub isn't fun. The replacements are 33/9.50/15 on stock steelies.

Back