• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JCR Bumper Design Changes?

Destroyer

NAXJA Forum User
Just wondering if anybody knows if/when JCR changed the design of their winch bumpers? I ordered one because I liked how tight it was to the body on the corners, and tucked in under the front of the fender. When I opened mine and got it installed today I was kinda disappointed to find that it was much different.

Compare:

XJwinch3.jpg

to

cimg0397xh3.jpg

Kinda fugly if ya ask me.

Thoughts? Opinions?

ddeadserious said:
I agree with the guy above. Give 'em a call, that really looks nothing like the advertised design.

yeah something doesnt seem right. I'd get a hold of them.

well, you can eat your lunch on your bumper...

damn dude, sorry to hear about that...if they stick with that design, I think they'll lose a lot of business to AJ (who i'm definitely going with)

Wow...not a very good fit I'm sorry to say. I would definately want the bumper in pic #1.
Let us know what they say.

Holy Ish man. Thats a major change. Thanks for the heads up, definitely not going to consider one of these...

Wow. That definitely falls under the category of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Maybe they changed it for ease of and less expense in manufacturing. Looks like the earlier one has a dropped winch plate as well as the bobbed corners, which both would add to manufacturing time and expense.

The first one looks like a much better bumper.

Personally I haven't had a great experience with them - but that's just me - many people have been happy I'm sure but they just stopped replying to my emails when I had a problem. Again - that's just my personal experience.

And, yes, that design is not cool. And a good product is ALL about design.

I had cocidered the JCR but decided to build my own. Are ya sure you ordered from JCR..........:confused1 I would be callin them ASAP to get the skinny!!NAXJA

ckowennos said:
It looks to me that you simply didn't buy the side protection. They charge extra for the wrap around bit that goes under the fender more.

The side protection is standard on the winch bumper. The side bars are there, but since there's not enough taper they look like knubs.

Eh, just get one of those big ricer wings for the back and you will be all set...
Oh, can I borrow that, I got some gravel I want to move :D :D :D

Actually it does not look that bad except for the ends,

Back