• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bleed Screw?

Gunner73

NAXJA Forum User
Is the AX15 [slave cylinder] bleed screw the same as the bleed screw for the brakes? I was bleeding the clutch, and now the bleed screw won't re-tighten. I have searched NAXJA as well as other places online and can only find information for the bleed screw for the brakes. The local parts stores only reference the bleed screws for the brakes.

Did you strip out the threads on the bleeder? or the cylinder?

Oizarod115 said:
can you take it out and run it up to the parts store to match it? what year is the transmission, external or internal slave?

One of the local stores has one in stock, but it's listed as being for the brakes. I should probably be able to remove it, for whatever reason it's just not tightening enough to prevent the fluid from leaking and building pressure. The tranny is a '94 with an external slave.

Might just have some crap in there. Try pulling it all the way out and cleaning the hole with a q-tip. Clean up the screw with a wire brush.

I tried that already. I have removed the slave cylinder and the threads that hold the bleed screw are stripped. I'm going to replace the slave cylinder, but can't get the hose to detach at the cylinder. The online pics at the parts stores show the cylinder with no hose attached, so I'm assuming the hose detaches at the cylinder itself.

Back