• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel Filter Life

Quills

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering how often that your standard fuel filter on a stock 4.0 Jeep Cherokee should be changed out? I haven't changed mine in almost 2 years.

Also if anybody knows the effects of not oiling a K&N Air filter and using it on your engine for an extended period of time that would be appreciated.

what year is your jeep 97 up dont have fuel filters

I replace mine about every year before winter. Or immediately if I get her buried up in some water or mud :D

everyone pretty much covered the fuel filter thing, but no oil on a K&N is bad news :nono:
the oil is basically the only thing that traps dirt on a K&N, if you hold one up to the light you can see right through it (theres been a lot of controversy about K&Ns lately because of this, they flow better than paper, but don't filter as good, so its kinda a trade off)

FoMoCo said:
everyone pretty much covered the fuel filter thing, but no oil on a K&N is bad news :nono:
the oil is basically the only thing that traps dirt on a K&N, if you hold one up to the light you can see right through it (theres been a lot of controversy about K&Ns lately because of this, they flow better than paper, but don't filter as good, so its kinda a trade off)

x2

I recently sold my K&N and went back to paper after cleaning the filter oil out of my TB for the last time.

M21 said:
x2

I recently sold my K&N and went back to paper after cleaning the filter oil out of my TB for the last time.
ohhhhhhh, thats what that crap was :doh: I feel like a dumbass, I was trying to figure out what that black crud in the TB was for so long :banghead:

I just recently replaced mine. I think the life on them is like 20,000-30,000 miles. And i can already tell a difference in my MPG, my old filter was in horrible shape. cheap insurance

Back