• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

before I start. . . . . .

CV95XJ

NAXJA Forum User
is their anything I should look out for when I go to install my RE5.5LA kit? I just finished taking everthing off today. So any warnings or tips to make things go easier? Also how is the ride quality with the long arms? I had the 4.5 inch kit with short arms so Im expecting this to be alot better.

long arms are amazing
got to drive a xj with long arms the other day and it was like night and day
speacially rubicon express they make great kits

as far as suggestions
wd 40!!
and if ur using power tools wich make the job so much easier be carefull not to strip anything
also dont forget to go back and retighten everything a few time after the initial install

cas

cassio said:

NOT!!

PB Blaster is your friend.. WD wil just displace water if its wet, PB is a penetrant.

the ride quality of LA suspensions really hinges on the design and quality of the joints and/or bushings in the system. you'll still get a bit of jarring/vibration but not as bad as short-arms.

I don't have the RE LA setup, I have the TnTs. To second what someone said, go back after about 200 miles and 500 miles and just retighten everything up. Expect some squeeks while the bushings get settled in as well. When I installed mine everything was super tight at first, but the bolts wiggle around a good bit. Just recheck everything.

Enjoy!

Chris

Back