• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

waggy 44..pinion angle

wishihad1

NAXJA Forum User
hey everybody

just got my tnt truss yesterday:guitar: its truely a piece of art. but i decided im not going to cut and turn my C's. ive got a daily driver now, so the XJ isn't going to need to have GREAT caster. but it will still be driven on the road to the trails. so whats a good point to set my pinion at so ive got good pinion angle, but my caster isn't too out of wack either. im getting a rock crawler 3-link, so ill be able to fine tune it, but for now, just need a number so i can burn it home. im at 6 inches of lift

Id shoot for about 5* of castor,you can alway tweak the castor/pinion angles later.

pics of the 44 im building or the front end of teh jeep now

and oh yea, im doing locking hubs. so ill have a little extra room with that. think 6 degrees is a good starting point

Do yourself a favor and cut the knuckles. I cut them and turned them, although not enough, and I still couldn't drive in 4H at speed without stupid vibs. Shouldn't have this issue now with a HP. =)

dont have anybody around here who will do it, and i dont want to trust myself with that job honestly. 44 is still far from going in. its just a bare housing, with the truss right now. still need gears, carrier, joints, etc

For a trail rig, I would MUCH rather have good caster than a perfect pinion angle.

Am I really going to care about driveline vibes going 50 MPH across a washboard dirt road? I'd rather have the best steering possible.

Back