• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'87 AC controls curiosity

mtnbiker326

NAXJA Forum User
Here is the issue. I have just removed the old SMASHED Ac controls (break in for CD player) and have noticed that the number 1 and number 9 hoses out of the vacuum lines to the controls are cut and screws have been inserted with heat sealing rubber covers over them. What is the significance of these two hoses? I don't have Heat nor AC. The blower works fine and so does the core (so I think). I believe that the valve between the ac and heater is destroyed (going to replace asap). Also I can't get the jeep AIR to run cabin only (don't know if it does). Just really cold in 29 degree weather with outside air coming into the cabin without fan on at all. Any suggestions?

I forgot to mension that when I disconnected the controls, hissing came out of the vacuum line connection to the ac control unit so I know that I have a vacuum and I can hear the ac door changing positions when I change the controls.

Looking at the 88 FSM:

1 - Blue -> Defrost door
2 - Plugged
3 - White. Incoming vacumn source
4 - Violet -> Heater water valve
5 - Brown -> Panel Door
6 - Yellow -> Floor Door
7 - Plugged
8 - No connection
9 - Green -> Defrost door

Back