• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

round or rectangle aux lights?

Slo-Sho said:
Any reflector that is not round is a compromise.

Because it's important to see the tops of the trees...:D

I have 4 130 watt pro Comps 8" lights on mine. now they are HUGE and they are BRIGHT.
XJ002.jpg

Cherokeekid88 said:
I have 4 130 watt pro Comps 8" lights on mine. now they are HUGE and they are BRIGHT.
XJ002.jpg

you keep that rag under your jeep all the time to soak up leaks or does it just happen to be there in this pic?

tigerShark said:
you keep that rag under your jeep all the time to soak up leaks or does it just happen to be there in this pic?

It's under there once a month! :D

Cherokeekid88 said:
XJ002.jpg
You would think with all that light that you could see you have some major alignment issues!!!

I would say round, when I swapped out the front clip on one of my other trucks , and went from squares to rounds, i noticed a signifigant increase in night visability, and both sets of lights were new same brand and wattage

I have 2 round and 2 rectangle all KC's the rounds are 6" 120 w and I love them. The rectangles are 6x9 I think 100 w and they suck a#%.
Go round for sure!! much brighter.
100_4242.jpg

100_4820.jpg

RCP Phx said:
You would think with all that light that you could see you have some major alignment issues!!!
That, and even some ball joint/bent axle issues, looks like some noticable camber on those tires.

Begster said:
That, and even some ball joint/bent axle issues, looks like some noticable camber on those tires.

Dude my wheels are turned! :) The rag is just under there. I just dont like the look of the rectangle lights, although i do have 2 rectangle wally world lights on the back of my rack for reverse lights.

Cherokeekid88 said:
Dude my wheels are turned! :) The rag is just under there. I just dont like the look of the rectangle lights, although i do have 2 rectangle wally world lights on the back of my rack for reverse lights.
Sorry man, I gotta agree with the other guys, -somethin's outta whack on that front-end.

I'd put it in the air and man-handle the tires to see if you have bad balljoints or slop in the unit bearings. The camber looks way off to me. The drivers side looks the worst.

-sweet ride though!

OK well see if this helps. I recently found out that my passenger side rim is actually 5" BS while the other 3 are 4" BS. But i just had an alignment done about 4 months ago, plus like i said, in that pic, the steering wheel is turned slightly from backing in

Cherokeekid88 said:
heres a pic 2 weeks prior to new bumper and tires.
jeepy2-1.jpg

Better?
The drivers side still looks like it has a lot of negative camber in this photo.

Unit bearing maybe?

I'm not trying to be a jerk, -I'm just trying to help. With what us guys pay for our tires (especailly BFG's!), -keepin' 'em going straight down the road is important, -especially if it's a DD.

I'm kinda curious about that drivers side. I just did a unit bearing on mine (drivers side also), and it made a noticeable difference in how it drove, -and it did correct the negative camber I had on that side also. Mine didn't look quite as bad as yours, -but I could still get a little thunky-thunky when I grabbed a hold of the wheel and tire and "got after it". I had a friend look to see if it was my ball joints, -and it was definitely the bearing, -made a huge difference after changing it out.

Holy crap has this thread strayed off subject!! Hey man, -it's all about helping each other out, -right?

Cherokeekid88 said:
heres a pic 2 weeks prior to new bumper and tires.
jeepy2-1.jpg

Better?
Nope,thats messed up!

Back