• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Emissions Problem

Cipey

NAXJA Forum User
pulled the codes on my 98 xj and i am getting an evap purge solenoid short on the obd. i replaced the solonoid and that didn't fix it...i realized that there was no power going to the solenoid, my a/c compressor and my aux elect. fan.

my main concern is the purge solenoid because if that isn't working i can't pass inspection in january. i checked all the fuses, modules and wiring, eveything seems good but no power to the solenoid...plus all vac lines are new and not cracked. could it be that my wire harness is baked out and shorting out?

please help! I CHECKED OTHER THREADS with similar problems but not really on the button....i know someone around here has the answer.

Cipey

this might be a dumb question, but....after you replaced the solonoid, did you d/c the battery cable and let the PCM reset?

I don't have schematic for a 98 but when I look at schematic for a 97, all those things, (and other things) get power from Fuse F11. I would start checking continuity on the hot wire from F11 to Duty Cycle Purge Solenoid, A/C Clutch Solenoid, Aux Fan. The ground wire for these guys is switched into the circuit by the PCM.

McQue

goodburbon said:
aux fan wont' work without compressor, compressor won't work without sufficient system pressure.

yeah gas cap is good and by pressure are talking 'bout vac pressure or freon pressure in the a/c..the a/c is charged if thats the case nand pulling good vac. checking out f-11.

thanks to all.

Cipey

Problem fixed. I noticed that my a/c comp power lead was disconnected and believe it or not, i connected it, hooked up my battery and started it and

NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT!! Imagine? No more code either.

WTF?

Cipey

Back