• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

30 In Tires, Now Need Lift?

huntersteve61

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all thanks for takin a moment here. I have a 93 Xj 136xxx i'm sure I've got some nice susp sag. But it was my understanding I could run 30's with no issues even 31's but now my 30's rub at full lock left or right and bottom out alot. The clearance looks to be less then an inch..... Undoubtadly I would assume a small lift would correct this problem but my ? for you folks is.. Where can I spend less then 200 dollars and get 2 or even 3 inchs of lift SAFELY? Thanks for any help you can provide

Steve:farmer:

You can get Poly spacers for the front and blocks for the rear...that's probably about it for under $200 front and rear.
I will be switching out my existing lift in the near future approx. 2" front and 2.5 rear if you're still looking. I have coils in front and leafs that net 1.5" in rear plus 1" blocks. Not the best setup in the world, but I fit 31's with absolutely no height issues aside from the 10.5 tire rubbing the LCA at full lock, but my rims are stock backspacing. PM me if you're interested in any part of it or all of it- I'll get rid of it well within your budget.
Check the classifieds here too.

rubicon express 2 inch budget boost 4 shocks frt spacer rear add leaves 234.00 free shipping

Spend 30 minutes trimming (including flexing it to see where it rubs) and they will clear.

If you just add lift your suspension will compress the same amount and the tires will rub unless you cut the fenders or add bumpstops.

So would coil spacers and blocks with some light trimming allow me to get that light offroad flex I need along with the pothole driveway clearance I would need as well?

They wouldnt really effect flex at all - just lift the jeep up a bit higher.

Ok guys here is what I'm doing tell me if this is a no no. Front 2 in coil spacers, rear 2 in lift block autozone, whole deal 60 bucks done. Will this be ok and safe? Either that or a 3 In skyjacker lift.....

That will be okay, but remember, you will lose articulation if you just put in spacers and blocks- your shocks will be extended 2" farther than usual. You will likely want more travel once you get those 2" of lift- at which point you will probably also want more lift. Thus the beginnings of the vicious circle.:wow:
I would just get a kit and get the lift and articulation you are looking for.

Rockliz budget boost. Search for that. Cheap, easy and eliminates the sagging! Blocks will eventually make your sagging worse. I've done it on 3 XJ's now and the ride is great and the results are also. 3 years on the first one and no sag from the original measurements. Pm me for any intel you can't find.

For the front just add some 1.75" spacers. and the rear use longer shackles.

Here is a link to some chevy lowering shackles that will give you up to 2" of lift on an XJ. They have a great price of only $39.64.

Chevy shackles

streetbeatcustoms_1983_441015970

At a later date add 1" bumpstops and get some longer travel shocks or raise the rear shock mounts on the axle . Use a hockey puck in the front for a bumpstop and use ZJ front shocks. In the rear use a spacer in between the bumpstop and the frame. With 1.5" raised mount you stock shocks will work great and add some ground clearance.

TNT
Your link only shows the LT front of a jeep, where do you get the shackles?

If you are already sagging, doing a block or a shackle will just make it worse, your rear leafs will really start to frown.

you need new rear leafs - search for s-10 bastard pack, get some poly spacers for the front, some ZJ V8 coils....

if you do it cheap, you'll get cheap results. do it right the first time, dont try and bandaid it.

Back