• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Backspacing question

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
Ok heres the problem. I found out today that one of my rims is not the same BS as my other 3 rims. Now im not exactly sure on how to measure BS, i know its like the distance from the back of the lugs to the outside lip or something along those lines, but im in a hurry and dont really have time to take the tire off right now and i need to get this rim ordered, while i still have some money. Well i measured from
rim-1.jpg
and my 3 other rims measure 3" and the rim in question measures 2.25". I dont know if that helps any

Cherokeekid88 said:
Ok heres the problem. I found out today that one of my rims is not the same BS as my other 3 rims. Now im not exactly sure on how to measure BS, i know its like the distance from the back of the lugs to the outside lip or something along those lines, but im in a hurry and dont really have time to take the tire off right now and i need to get this rim ordered, while i still have some money. Well i measured from
rim-1.jpg
and my 3 other rims measure 3" and the rim in question measures 2.25". I dont know if that helps any

You have it backwards

Measure from the BACK of the mounting flange to the inside bead edge of the rim

(lay the rim outer-face-down on the floor, put a ruler across the rim, and measure with a tape from the flange (center piece) to the ruler, minus aprox 1/4" for the rim flare)

I figured it out, i just went ahead and took one of my tires off and measure it from the lugs to the straight edge and came out to 4" and the one that isnt right came out to be 5".

So, I'f I'm getting the backspacing concept, less backspacing = more tire outside the fender and a wider stance?

Thanks, that helps me too. I'm looking swap my alloys for a set of black steelies and I'll be better prepared with my tape measure!

Back