• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2" RC shackles install question

alekz

NAXJA Forum User
so I installed these shackles and I like the height I'm getting, I'm rubbing on the left side tho, and after looking at the XJ again, it seems that my left shackle is a little bit closer to the rear bumper than the right side one.

anyone have a "standard" distance that the shackles should be from the bumper? should they be completely vertical or have some angle?

I have a 2000 XJ, and I did this to temporarily fit some 31's on there, are driveline vibrations pretty normal at this height?? I'm getting some vibration at about 65MPH-75MPH.

what's the best way to take care of them? TC drop or axle shims? seems TC drop would be easier...

thanks.

If they aren't at the same angle, one of your leaf springs is probably sagging. It may be time to look into new rear leafs.

As far as drop vs shim, its not that simple. The point of them is not only to lessen the angle of your u-joints, but more importantly to make the two angles match - or you get vibes.

Read here.

http://www.4xshaft.com/driveline101.html

i have shackles and i did not have any problems they are slightly v'ed because the shackle is bolted to the outside of the mount and the outside of the leaf which is maybe 1/4 different in width since the leaf goes inside the mount

Back