• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

120,000 Mile Maintenance

anotherskait

NAXJA Forum User
This past weekend my `92 reaching 120,000 miles.
The "Maint Required" light promptly came on.

This also happened at 85,000 miles to get the 0-2 sensor changed.

I've tried searching here, checking the owners manual and Chilton (Haynes... can't remember) and calling the dealership, but nobody knows anything about what's supposed to happen at 120,000 miles.

Has anyone been through this? What's supposed to happen before the light gets shut off?

is it running funny? I would hook up the OBD1 scanner and check it out, but if nothing seems out of whack, just disconnect your battery and clear the code, thus turning off the light.

The light is merely a timer. It does come on as a reminder to change your o2 sensor. If your XJ is running properly, you can either ignore the light, remove the bulb, or unplug the timer box underneath your dash to the right of the steering column (the clear box with the gears, just pull the plug going to it.) This will not affect any other function or driveability with the jeep.

Back