• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Painting Plastic?

need4speedjp

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone successfully painted thier bumper end caps or stock fender
flares? Xj is a 92 and they have sort of a glossy finish to them, I was
wondering if I just took a skotch brite pad to it would that help? anyways
was just looking for some helpful tips thanks.

Krylon just came out with a new paint called Fusion, specially for plastics, but it works on anything, with no prep work, just clean with an ammonia base cleaner. Did my flares and the bottom trim along my doors with it, came out great.

Gray Skotch Brite will work fine. then before you paint the plastic you need to spray it with a platic prep. It Help make the paint stick to it. then just spay your color over it after its drys. if you have anymore question feel free to ask.

play_in_the_mud said:
Krylon just came out with a new paint called Fusion, specially for plastics, but it works on anything, with no prep work, just clean with an ammonia base cleaner. Did my flares and the bottom trim along my doors with it, came out great.
I agree. Fusion is good stuff.

I painted mine with the cheapest paint I could find. I sanded the flairs, wiped with acetone & painted. After 3 years they need a touch up, but they never peeled or flaked. JIM.

Back