• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear brake ?

88xjchief

NAXJA Forum User
002.jpg

I heard the rod needs to be straight across for the rear brakes to work. Is that right?

Comanche eh? Yup, the arm needs to swing to the passenger side and should nominally be horizontal. When the bed is loaded, that valve allows more braking to the rear. Mine is swung all the way up and zip tied in place as I never bothered lengthening that rod after I did the spring over.

My MJ had that setup too- stuff was getting pretty crusty back there and fittings wouldn't come apart. Now it just goes back to a T like a regular XJ- the combo valve under the master cyl is different as well. Brakes work just fine but I don't haul any loads with my pickup.

The flat arm should be horizontal, with the swinging end pointing towards the passenger side.

JJacobs - What did you do with the return line? Just plug it at the prop valve, or did you swap in an XJ prop valve?

Back