• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good Shocks?

Steve98XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I need some advise as to what make and type of shocks to install on my 98 Cherokee, it has a 3" pro-crap(pro comp) lift w/ 31's and is only driven offroad about 5% of the time. The shocks that came with the lift are garbage
the rubber bushings on the front shock have split and rattle horribly on rough roads, plus they give a very stiff ride.

Bilstien 5150's. You're going to pay about $89 each, but they are worth every penny. After riding on bilstiens, you will never understand how you got by without them.

OME

Old Man Emu are the best shocks out there for under $100 IMO. I've run them with lifts ranging from 2" up to 5.5" and they saved my back! The ride is great with them. Well worth every penny. The Thyssenkrupp Bilstein shocks are also up there, but I prefer OME's.

how woud OME shocks compare with the rusty's ones that I have now, for those who have experience with these....?:eeks1:

take a dump in your left hand....

put Jessica Alba (or your other favorite celebrity) in your right hand...

(Rusty's = the dump)

there you go....

JNickel101 said:
take a dump in your left hand....

put Jessica Biel (or your other favorite celebrity) in your right hand...

(Rusty's = the dump)

there you go....

I agree! My rusty's socks are poo!

Edit: My Rusty's sHocks are poo too!

Hahahhaha, what a great metaphor. I have never used Rusty's shocks (His springs are fine).

Alba, Biel...potato, potato....

uhh....in print, that just doesnt sound the same...

its all perfectly clear now!:laugh3:
i agree with the springs statement, they are awesome, i love my rusty's lift. shocks feel the same as stock.
now if only the OME's weren't so out-the-butthole expensive!:passgas::scared:

EDIT= priorities......... cragar soft 8's <or> OME shocks?
hmmmm

cal said:
Bilstien 5150's. You're going to pay about $89 each, but they are worth every penny. After riding on bilstiens, you will never understand how you got by without them.
X2

Shocks first, rims later? lol...

X-3 on the Bilstien 5150's.

Some people get nervous about the upper shock adapter on the 5150's breaking off. I think it's unwarranted, probably from over tightening/torquing the upper stud. If you feel uncomfortable with this I think the 5125 does away with this, but I'm not sure. Maybe somebody could clarify this.
BTW I like my 255/70 valving.

I would be calling them to order some OME's, but I don't have that much cash at the moment!
[the perks of being a highschooler during the winter when there's no grass to cut :tear:]

gradon said:
Jessica Alba is my right hand . . .
Thanks for the good thought.

fixed, free of charge

Back