• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 44 tube seals ??

There are at the eaxle tube end, and I believe there are inner seals at the pumpkin as well.

I thought this too, but there is no room between the axleshaft and the housing to put an axle seal. I think this is the case in most D44 front axles. It would be nice, but it would have to slip inside the axle housing just like the factory one does now.

A.

You mean the alloy usa tube seals?

I thought the d30 kit was intended for use on 44's too?

The Alloy seals I'm showing are for BOTH Dana 30 and Dana 44 front applications:

42288-lg.jpg

Red:
http://www.quadratec.com/products/52420_910.htm

Black:
http://www.quadratec.com/products/52420_911.htm

Silver:
http://www.quadratec.com/products/52420_912.htm

I'm fairly certain those axle tube seals will not work in a standard dana 44 front axle. They will probably work in Rubicon 44 because they use the same tubes and C's as the dana 30.

-Jeremy

Hrm. I thought the ID of my 3/4 ton ford hp44 was the same as the ID on my xj's d30 - bigger tube, thicker wall.

clearly I need to measure.

Megawatt said:
I'm fairly certain those axle tube seals will not work in a standard dana 44 front axle. They will probably work in Rubicon 44 because they use the same tubes and C's as the dana 30.

-Jeremy

Yeah.. I dont see how they would work w/ my Waggy 44...

Yah in my info here, it specifies Dana 30 and Dana 44 for TJ applications... But as we know, some TJ/YJ stuff works with our XJ's.. it always varies :-\

xcm said:
in the first 4 or 5 posts, NOBODY mentions front or rear....
this is where the confusion arrives....

ranger125 said:
i am lookin for the ones at the axle tube ends , i know they make em for the dana 30 but who makes them for the 44 ??

Post number 3. That was clear enough?

yeah i am still searching for tube seals like my d44 (front) has the 1/2 inch axle tubes and the stock shafts , so i will be upgrading to chromo shafts but i believe they are the same diameter . soo i wonder y nobody had made these tube seals yet because i would imagine the d44 would have the same problems as the d 30 as for mud and sand gettin into the tubes and eating your inner seals .hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Go to a ford dealer and have them look up a 79 bronco front axle. There is a rubber dust seal that is used to keep the dirt out of the tube. It goes on the shaft and slides all the way to the u-joint yoke and rubs against the end of the axle tube.

well i have heard of those but mud and dirt would fer sure make it past there and then hold it in there , maybe there just isnt enuf room i guess. orrrr maybee i should have some made?? muahahhaha

xcm said:
obviously not...
what do u mean ?? i am lookin for somthing just like the dana 30 tube seals . i think i have seen those dust caps but the ones i have seen were originals and looked pretty flimsy but it is possible that i could have been looking at the wrong thing for sure .

Back