• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

uca

userbmx1315 said:
on how much lift would i need to change my upper control arms?

I would say anything over 4" BUT there are some kits out there around 6.5" on short arms. You can push it over 4" if you use adjustable arms and or drop brackets.

i'm lookin at 4.5 springs and a adjustable trac-bar and lowers, after that will i NEED it or could i just live with them ?

at 4.5" longer lowers is a really good idea, or your pinion angle will be off.

yea, i'm lookin at rustys 4.5 add-a-leaf but i'm going to build my own leafs using s-10 ones, so my rear is going to be at close to 4.5 wit stock shackles. then the kit has 1.5 shackles with it, so i'm going to get a sye and add a spacer in the front and the shackles in the rear, does that sound fine? or am i missing something? the kit had the trac bar and optional adj. lca

wait, so you're asking about six inches of lift?

You need more than just uca/lca's then - unless you want it to ride like a skateboard on a cobblestone street and stear like a preganent yak, you need to address a better (heavy duty) trackbar and drop brackets or long arms.

Not trying to, just trying to understand what you are trying to do.

This is a list of everything in a rubicon express 5.5" lift. For the sake of learning, just assume that you have to have everything here to lift to 5" safely. Look at each item and see if you have it or something that does its job up to par.

RE1141 ~ GEN2 DISCONNECTS 2"-3.5" TJ,
RE1345 ~ COIL SPRINGS XJ-5.5 / ZJ-4.
RE1383 ~ BUMPSTOPS 3" FRONT LOWER
RE1462 ~ LEAF SPRING XJ 4.5" W/BUSHING
RE1515 ~ BRAKE LINE SS REAR 18"
RE1550 ~ BRAKE LINE SET SS FRONT 22"
RE1660 ~ TRACK BAR, XJ/ZJ EXTREME-DUTY
RE1665 ~ TRACK BAR BRACKET, HD XJ/ZJ
RE2120 ~ T-CASE LOWERING KIT XJ/ZJ 3/4"
RE2421 ~ U-BOLT KIT M35 REAR, YJ / XJ 2
RE2700 ~ SHACKLE XJ REAR 5"
RE3700 ~ CONTROL ARM SF2 LOWER FIXED
RE3781 ~ CONTROL ARM SR2 UPPER FRONT FI
RE9900 ~ XJ CONTROL ARM DROP BRACKETS
RE9905 ~ SUPPORT BRACES FOR RE9900
RE9921 ~ SWAY BAR RELOCATION BRACKETS

If you are pieceing together a lift on eth cheap, hit up the vendors here for bits and pieces. Rusty's shipping will kill you, and if you are bastard paking the rear, you won't need the AAL.

You can get coils for around $100, LCAs (fixed or adjustable) for $170-300 depending on the brand and the design. Shocks can be had in several flavors in Hydro or Nitro depending on what you are looking for.

Adjustable track bars can be had in several flavors as well. Just depends on your pocket book and/or the vendor and if they can even mix and match parts for you.

i was doing the add a leaf cuz it was cheaper than the full pack, i'm just wanting a front suspension, i'm lookin into 4.5 at first then adding to it, but i'm understanding it, i dont want to ride like a skate board, , i hate skateboards, lol,

Back