• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE Spring Heights...

btfury

NAXJA Forum User
I installed an RE 4.5in SF kit on my XJ the other day, and ended up having to install a 2in coil spacer up front to get my 32in tires to clear and level out the lift. Now I know that RE lifts usually sit higher in the rear, but is 2-2.5 inches lower in the front a little much? I realize that with the 4.5in kit I need to trim w/32s to go off road, but the kit says that to just fit 32s, no trimming is required...

Does anyone know what the length of the RE 4.5in XJ coils is supposed to be? The length of my springs are 21in uncompressed...

Right... but I think that I might have the 3.5in coils in the front. When we took the jeep off the lift, I couldn't even turn the tires without them damaging the fenders (thats not flexed or anything, just on flat ground...). And RE claims that 32s will fit underneath without any trimming...

I think you have the wrong springs. Post up a part number or go to RE's site to check your parts. I have 3.5" RE springs and clear 33's with trimming.

I have the same lift and after it was first installed it sat very high in the rear too. I put a 3/4" spacer up front and drove with some weight in the back and went wheeling to flex out and break in the springs.

Now it sits slightly down in front but almost level. I know what you mean about the springs though. I wondered why there was such a difference but the rear will settle

dsc00414.jpg

Brand new RE 4.5" lift and 32x11.5's on stock wheels. They cleared fine (and stuffed fine). It sounds like something is wrong.

Back