• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

york oba

jeep/bronco

NAXJA Forum User
supposedly you can take a comprssor out of a 80's model volvo and use it as an oba setup this sounds way to simple has anyone done this? if you had this type of setup how hard would it be to build something like the h1 has (ctis) that would be very nice to do and pretty cool too

after some research came up with this site http://www.jedi.com/obiwan/jeep/yorkair.html its not quite as simple as it sounds apparently not not very expensive and would be a very nice addition imo. Id really like to figure out a way to inflate/deflate tires on the fly it would take some sort of swivel fitting but it would be hard to prevent it from being hung up on stuff i would think

I got the York setup on my FSJ. Its not too hard but it gets pricey with all the fittings, I have a oil water separator and A pressure switch with a five gallon tank and a pressure gauge. The wagoneers also had the yorks. I got one extra one, you just want to make sure the clutch is good cause they are a little high.

I just use mine as the OBA. You could make brackets for and run both of them if you wanted to. They put out a ton of air. Yeah I would sell it but I got to go down and get it cause its like 45 minutes away.

Yes, the York 210 compressor came in a variety of vehicles such as older Volvos and Mercedes. I got mine out of an AMC Eagle.

I pieced together my system using the Kilby bracket and pulley along with some Viair parts such as a 2.5 gallon tank and a pressure switch. Got the rest of the components from the hardware store.

Kilby does have an XJ-specific bracket that is not listed on their website. The part number is KE-1700.

Everything works great. I can air up all four tires in nothing flat. And my AC still works. :)

I built my own bracket that ties into the stock AC bracket and the lower alternator bracket. I'm running a overdrive pully on my OBW (in the stock AC location) so I didn't have to worry about an idler pully and a super long serpitine setup. The york gets pritty close to the fan but it clears.

It really wasn't that difficult just time consuming. I'm really happy with the results though. With a 1 gallon tank I can run my air impact wrench for removing tires and what not. I don't have any good pics though.

As for the h1 thing I belive they have to run the line through the center of the hub and is only possible due to the portal ends.

jmop said:
As for the h1 thing I belive they have to run the line through the center of the hub and is only possible due to the portal ends.
yea after some research it goes through the hub and onto a track like system it would be quite hard to replicate but would be really cool i think

Back