• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.88 for Chrysler 8.25 rumor

I've been hearing about the supposed 4.88 and super 8.25 kit for over a year now....... but still nothing. I think its an urban myth. :D

There's a contest to see which one comes out first - 4.88 gears for the 8.25 or the 8.25 Aussie locker. :)

One of the local guys had loaned his 8.25 to Superior so they could do a mock-up for the 4.88 gears. But they just sat on his axle for weeks. It doesn't sound like it's high on their priority list.

xjohnnyc said:
One of the local guys had loaned his 8.25 to Superior so they could do a mock-up for the 4.88 gears. But they just sat on his axle for weeks. It doesn't sound like it's high on their priority list.

that whole thing was weird! its not like 8.25's are hard to find or expensive!?!

Not a rumor!!!:yelclap: It is in testing as we speek!! I talked with a Superior rep last month. :yelclap: :yelclap:

what in the holy hell is wrong with the 8.25" that nobody makes lockers, gears, shafts or much of anything for it? OK - 4.56 and down is available, ARB makes a selectables. Could be worse... could also have an OX, Aussie, ECTED or any other darn thing to make it Better...
D35s have all sorts of upgrades, and they SUCK!
This stopped being about 4.88s a while ago, for me...

Its a conspiracy....the gov't is against the 8.25....

beware the men in black suits with no names....

Back