• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PIC request. Satalite radio installs.

Plays For Jeeps

NAXJA Forum User
My lovely Fiance decided to bestow a Sirius radio and 1 year subscription on me today. Seeing as my CD player is shot and I get zero radio reception with my torn off antena this was the perfect gift!

How did you guys mount yours?
How do you like it?
How hard was the install?

Thanks!

IMG_2398.JPG

I got the same present sirius stratus 4 radio thinking about vent mount the radio install doesnt sound to hard famous last words LOL

It's not Sirius, But this is a nice place to install a unit.

DSC02172.jpg

DSC02171.jpg

DSC02173.jpg

Sirius Radio

I have one too, its great. When I wheel I get reception anywhere. I have the suction cup mount so I can switch between my XJ and toyota. Give your woman a big hug and thatnk her for a truly outstanding gift.

Something to think about: the suction cups will stop sticking to your windshield if it gets too cold. They get stiff and fall off. I ended up taking the suction cups off and jamming the foot of the mounting gizmo under the trim on top of the dash near where the dash curves down to the right of the vents (similar to IntrepidXJ's GPS, but a bit further to the right).

The wires are really easy to run under the trim panel that goes around the stereo/HVAC controls, and I ran the wire for the antenna under that panel, under the dash, out the door and under the trim around the edge of the windshield. I have it stuck about six inches back from the center of the windshield on the roof.

I have it plugged into the left cigarette lighter outlet, the one that is switched with the ignition. Probably I'll eventually snip off the cigar lighter plug on the thing and splice it in permanently so I don't have the plug sticking out of my dash.

Thanks guys! I will be sure to give her a big hug!

I just finished running my wires for antena and power. Where did you guys mount your magnetic antenas? I placed mine right in the center of the roof.

All I need now is to run to wal-mart of a audio input cable for the I-pod jack on my CD player. My JVC head unit is pretty new it just stopped reading CD's for some reason :(

Partial hijack: Are you guys using the built in FM transmitter or the direct adapter? I get all kinds of fuzzy reception with the transmitter.

I am running the Sirius FM Direct Adapter. I but up the included FM extender with the sticky cups. It sucks. The next day I removed it and bought the Sirius FM Direct Adapter. No more crackles. I recommend spending the extra $20-$30.

Mine is wired directly...sounds great, no issues at all.

adamjaskie said:
Something to think about: the suction cups will stop sticking to your windshield if it gets too cold. They get stiff and fall off. I ended up taking the suction cups off and jamming the foot of the mounting gizmo under the trim on top of the dash near where the dash curves down to the right of the vents (similar to IntrepidXJ's GPS, but a bit further to the right).

Who lives where it's cold?? :)

Back