• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Did lift, now issues

Nuthinfancy

NAXJA Forum User
I just installed a 4.5" lift on my jeep and finished up tonight. Took it for a drive, it seems that there is grinding in the front and I dont know what the hell it is, anybody have that happen and what was it? Maybe U joints?

Caster/Pinion angle is probably off. Get a good alignment done first, if problems are still there, pull the front drive shaft and test.

I had my front CV joint start to bind up at that lift.

RyanM said:
Caster/Pinion angle is probably off. Get a good alignment done first, if problems are still there, pull the front drive shaft and test.

Ill be getting a professional alignment done tomorrow morning. But test what exactly? Sorry im relatively new at lifting jeeps and the issues thereafter.

Nuthinfancy said:
Ill be getting a professional alignment done tomorrow morning. But test what exactly? Sorry im relatively new at lifting jeeps and the issues thereafter.
Read post #3, that bindage will cause symptoms you describe.

Yep. Pinion angle is changed as result of lifting the jeep.
Pull the front driveshaft and drive it - if the crunching goes away, that "proves" that your angles went wrong with lifting and that alignment should do the trick. If not, well, then you have strange and terrible stuff going on...

Yup the alignment is being done as we speak. On the way there I payed closer attention to it and it seems to only grind when I let off the gas, but it isnt constant its more of on and off grinding.

Back