• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ring & Pinions

Wiser

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know where i could fina a set of gears for an 8.25 and a dana 30 reverse rotation, and overhaul kits for a reasonably cheap price?

ruggedjeep said:
Dude, your posts are getting moved for a reason.
i thought we could talk about anything that relates to XJ's?

Anthony's_98_XJ said:
what are you using?

I had Rawbrown do my gears. When I did, he had the parts ordered for me. However, I did a quick nextag search and saw Superior Gear 4.56 R&P for D30 $135, 8.25 $204.

You can check ebay and such as well.

SanDiegoXJ said:
I had Rawbrown do my gears. When I did, he had the parts ordered for me. However, I did a quick nextag search and saw Superior Gear 4.56 R&P for D30 $135, 8.25 $204.

You can check ebay and such as well.
man that sounds good, i was expecting to pay between 400-500 for the kits and ring and pinions.

Anthony's_98_XJ said:
i thought we could talk about anything that relates to XJ's?

Let me help.

SoCal section is for Southern California related stuff. General XJ questions should go to either "modified" or "OEM" in the tech. If you have a question like "what weight oil are you guys using in SoCal" or something somewhat related to the region post it up here. Hope this helps explain why your posts are being moved. I trust these local guys more than most the "general" guys but they will keep moving them either way.

Good luck with your build.

silverslk said:
Let me help.

SoCal section is for Southern California related stuff. General XJ questions should go to either "modified" or "OEM" in the tech. If you have a question like "what weight oil are you guys using in SoCal" or something somewhat related to the region post it up here. Hope this helps explain why your posts are being moved. I trust these local guys more than most the "general" guys but they will keep moving them either way.

Good luck with your build.
Well then move them, im just askin a simple questions, just seeing wut people say, i dont do it intentionally. jeez. all i need is the answers because im new to the XJ "way of life":gee:

performanceoffroadcenter.com or unitrax (714)630-4327

Anthony's_98_XJ said:
Well then move them, im just askin a simple questions, just seeing wut people say, i dont do it intentionally. jeez. all i need is the answers because im new to the XJ "way of life":gee:
just remember the site is split up in to differnt sections just to keep it simple and so everyone can access what they need quickly not sift through 30000 posts to find the 4 about axels that day etc.

Gerr said:
just remember the site is split up in to differnt sections just to keep it simple and so everyone can access what they need quickly not sift through 30000 posts to find the 4 about axels that day etc.
yeah i know, i live in SOCal so i stick with the Socal chapter, i just want to get things to the point instead of wasting hours searching when someone can simply say the answer if they know it. most of the threads are hijacked and arent comepletely stuck on one topic.

Anthony's_98_XJ said:
Here's the deal. I almost moved it but the thread evolved to the discussion of local places doing grears. Why would I have moved it if I caught it before? Cause it's tech and the tech stuff belongs in mod tech. Why? Cause that exposes you to greatest amount of opinions as well as allows others looking for an answer to a similar question find an answer.

Chapter forum is meant for local chapter business, wheeling, events, and all the other good stuff ;)

Ok, now back to the regular programming :D

Kejtar said:
Here's the deal. I almost moved it but the thread evolved to the discussion of local places doing grears. Why would I have moved it if I caught it before? Cause it's tech and the tech stuff belongs in mod tech. Why? Cause that exposes you to greatest amount of opinions as well as allows others looking for an answer to a similar question find an answer.

Chapter forum is meant for local chapter business, wheeling, events, and all the other good stuff ;)

Ok, now back to the regular programming :D
thanx kejtar, bottom line i was only asking the opinions of other fellow XJer's of where i could find reasonably cheap gears around our sorrounding areas.

Anthony's_98_XJ said:
thanx kejtar, bottom line i was only asking the opinions of other fellow XJer's of where i could find reasonably cheap gears around our sorrounding areas.
ok, my reference should have been regarding the other thread (gear ratio) as I thought we were still on that same thread. Anyways, no biggie on the whole thing, but this should give you an idea why the lift question got moved and why the original R&P gear ratio should have went to mod tech :D

Local vendor search is more then appropriate to go into a chapter forum.

Kejtar said:
ok, my reference should have been regarding the other thread (gear ratio) as I thought we were still on that same thread. Anyways, no biggie on the whole thing, but this should give you an idea why the lift question got moved and why the original R&P gear ratio should have went to mod tech :D

Local vendor search is more then appropriate to go into a chapter forum.
ok no problem. do you know of any reasonable gear installers in the forums?

lets see. PM the following folks (and I might have user names a bit off cause I'm going of memory and I might be missing someone. Btw, they are just in alphabetical order)

CleanRC
RawBrown
RyuRabbit

Kejtar said:
lets see. PM the following folks (and I might have user names a bit off cause I'm going of memory and I might be missing someone. Btw, they are just in alphabetical order)

CleanRC
RawBrown
RyuRabbit
ok cool thanx, santa was good to me this year...finally have some cash for the xj! i think i might sell my 3" lift and going for the RC 6.5" as a starter

Genuine Gears from 4 wheel parts are really cheap with a lifetime warranty. The brand and quality of gears you buy could result in a negative or positive experience on the trail.

ladrew said:
Genuine Gears from 4 wheel parts are really cheap with a lifetime warranty. The brand and quality of gears you buy could result in a negative or positive experience on the trail.
man i cant find'em on there, r u talking about a gear package?

Back