• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

95/96 Booster Conversion

rws

NAXJA Forum User
Need info. I am doing a 95/96 booster conversion on my 1990 MJ. The boneyard that is pulling the parts says that he has taken apart two 1995 XJ's without ABS and there is no 1/4 aluminun spacer, yet all the posts say I need the spacer to make the conversion work. Do some XJ's have this spacer and some don't. HELP

I pulled mine myself and the spacer was there.

just pay the few $ more and get a newer 2004 (WJ) booster/master... It fits nicer (smaller booster) and you will get a much nicer/newer unit about 10yrs newer....

Not to mention all you need to do for the convo, is to flatten the endge of the rod where the brake light switch goes (EASY trust me) and get a few brake line adaptors. Oh and bend (hammer) the firewall lip up flat slightly Just behind the booster, Its obvious if you look behind the booster, as to what I am talking about.

About 65$ here local at a full service yard, for the booster/master.

Back