• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

track bar worn out

projectTK

NAXJA Forum User
well i got my cheap jeep project finally on the road and i come to notice iam fighting the steering going down the road. So yes the trackbar bushing is worn out and loose.

So where is the best place to purchase a track bar without eating my wallet away and still have quality? Autozone? internet?

89xj 4.0 (4.5inch rancho lift)

the oem one. i thought u had to buy a whole new bar because the bushings are pressed in or something. Plus dont i need an adjustable one for my lift or what?

Ok....mis-read your post. Yeah, theres different name brand adjustable track bars. I'm runnin a 3.5'' RE/32's kit with whistles and bells.

projectTK said:
the oem one. i thought u had to buy a whole new bar because the bushings are pressed in or something. Plus dont i need an adjustable one for my lift or what?

also lists and adjustable for about $200.00-- can get away with stock for up to 3", but the position of the axle will be off more as you go up:yelclap:

Add Iron Rock to that list. I just put one of their's on and the quality is up there with the others mentioned but the price is a little better at $189 shipped.

xEleventy billion on Kevins and TNT. whatever you do dont get one from Rustys!!!!!!

EDIT - just looked at the Iron Rock one, and anything that puts your TB in "double sheer" is good :) looks well made!

Last edited:
Yes-RE,Kevin's,or TNT.
No-JKS is in single shear and Ironrock uses poly
Abosulely NO-any bar that uses a TRE(Rusty's,RC)

Kevins uses a JKS bar...the JKS bar is great as long as you get rid of that "johnny joint" style end and just use their double shear bracket (the same thing kevin welds onto his stock brackets).

I like the look of the Iron Rock frame side bracket. you can always get a new bushing that isnt poly...

Also, Kevins uses poly bushings....he actually has an option to get even HARDER bushings with your kit.

(Kevin's having a sale right now too - get the unpainted bracket, b/c the only thing i wasnt impressed with on that kit was the quality of his powdercoating)

Kevin's bar is made by JKS(for Kevin's), but it is not the same bar that JKS sells.They are not interchangable.The JJ is a good thing,but it needs to be mounted horizontally and in double shear!

a double shear JJ would be okay? i wouldnt think you'd want that kind of "flex" out of your tb...?

RCP Phx said:
Yes-RE,Kevin's,or TNT.
No-JKS is in single shear and Ironrock uses poly
Abosulely NO-any bar that uses a TRE(Rusty's,RC)
Maybe youve noticed, they all use poly.
Everytime you droop the drivers side, the axle end bushing has to flex, right? and thats poly on every one of the aftermarket TBs. So whats so bad about poly on the frame end? Its no different than poly on the axle end.
My opinion is that the poly will last longer with less maintenance and will isolate better than a flex joint. As far as poly hurting articulation. In my case, keep in mind that Im not running an extreme amount of lift (3") so the results may be different for others, I flexed mine on the dock ramp yesterday to check for clearance after installing the TB and bracket and its got about an 850 RTI (roughly) on a loading dock ramp and was only limited by my shocks and bumpstops. Point being, I dont think the poly hampered articulation at all. In fairness, it was the drivers side that I ran up the ramp.
Anyway, thats just an opinion based on what I see.

yeah i looked it over again and ill just buy a stock one because the lift kit i have on there seems to have a extra slot to put it in so the stock one is made to be used with this lift kit.

cause it works and its cheaper then a adjustable one. Thats like saying why use notebook paper then buying charmin to wipe ur ass. Cause it gets the job done.

projectTK said:
yeah i looked it over again and ill just buy a stock one because the lift kit i have on there seems to have a extra slot to put it in so the stock one is made to be used with this lift kit.
If youe talking about a Relocation bracket,DONT do it!

Back