• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Road Trip

435Mj

NAXJA Forum User
First off merry christmas everyone. I hope everyone gets the parts you asked Santa for.

Ok so hear is our story. Recently my Girlfriend and I have decieded to up and leave Chicago for an extended period of time and our first destination this winter is going to be the one and only Moad, UT via stopping through Denver, Co for a while and then maybe up to the Ogden area outside of SLC after awhile in Moab. Our question to everyone is this, what would you do to get your rig ready for the trek? Chi. to Den. is 1000 miles and Den. to Moab is about 450 miles. So in round figures call it 1500 miles Please let us know what your checklist would be for you if were going to be doing this yourself. So far I have done the following. Thanks for the help tim and camille.

:change oil
:cap & rotor.plugs, and wires (within the last year)
:replaced front hubs
:replaced front axel u-joints
:replaced front pumpkin drive shaft u-joint
:rebuilt rear drive shaft (within the last year)
:new radiator (within the last year)
:new upper radiator hose(same time as radiator)
:new alternator (within the last year)
:replacer head gasket (within the last year)
:replaced stock exhaust and intake with K&N and tube up front, and Flowmaster cat back.
:Newer brakes
:new master cylinder and clutch (within the last year)(seems the be losing presure at the pedel lately)

I have yet to do my serpintine belt and rear pumpkin u-joint but i have the parts just havent had the time.

specs:
93 jeep cherokee
207,500 miles
5 spd w/ 3:07 gears
dana 30/chrysler 8 1/4
NP231 TC w/ a porc HD sye
Retubed & lengthened 92 auto CV front drive shaft (my rear drive shaft)
31x10.5R15 BFG MT
15x8 crager rims w/ 4.00 BS
RE 6130 4.5 full leaf spring lift
flowmaster catback exhaust
K&N 4.5" cone w/ rusty air tube
porc hd sye
.75 coil isolators
hurst short throw shifter

Back