• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best hole size for bumper fog lights?

ehall

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I bought replacement bumpers for my beater but the front does not have holes for fog lights. I don't have the lamps yet (probably Hella squares dunno yet), but I want to do this just once so what is the best size to dirll?

Thanks

Most foglamps I've seen either use a 5/16" or a 3/8" screw.

Having said that, don't drill holes until you get your lamps! You'd be better off with a hole that's sized properly, rather than one where the screws ends up swimming around in the hole.

Hellas, as I recall, usually use a 5/16" hole - but don't drill the hole until you get the lamps. Save yourself the trouble...

Do you mean holes to mount the lights or holes to recess them in the bumper ?

I threw away my old hella 550 housings and it's raining cats and dogs outside. Wait till you get the lights. Then you can also tell where they have to be mounted to clear the grill or whatever.

Blaine B. said:
I was looking for some Hella 550's.

Damn.

All that was left was the back housings, the light housings were cracked and broken. It was cheaper to buy a new kit than replace the glass.

Back