• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got a lawn mower grass chute?

ZacSquatch

NAXJA Forum User
Boo-Yaa...

Found one in our shed, and I got a light bulb idea... Upgrade my "cold air" intake...

Originaly just had a cold air tube and had it mounted with a cone filter on the end...

Now I have my filter in the grass chute and I have it pointed so air that comes through the rad. and next to it. Eleminates a lot of hot engine air.

jeepnewtires010.jpg

jeepnewtires011.jpg

jeepnewtires012.jpg

GHETTO AND LOVIN IT!!!

anyone ever think of doing this?
12.jpg

i was thinking of cutting a hole there, if you look behind the valence it's pretty much a straight shot to the engine bay. If you could fab up some sort of "chute" you could get a pretty intense flow of air going through at the top of the front fascia.

Then if you go through lots of water or mud then there is also a straight shot into your intake. Or if your cruising down dirt roads behind someone you just getting all sorts of dust in there. I guess if you just do rocks than it would be good. But at least the other was it has to work to get in there.

ZacSquatch said:
Boo-Yaa...

Found one in our shed, and I got a light bulb idea... Upgrade my "cold air" intake...

Originaly just had a cold air tube and had it mounted with a cone filter on the end...

Now I have my filter in the grass chute and I have it pointed so air that comes through the rad. and next to it. Eleminates a lot of hot engine air.

jeepnewtires010.jpg

jeepnewtires011.jpg

jeepnewtires012.jpg

GHETTO AND LOVIN IT!!!

You might be a REDNECK if ya start using lawnmower parts on your Jeep!!:D Nice one Zac Squatch yet another inovative idea!!:thumbup:

ColoradoRaptor said:
You might be a REDNECK if ya start using lawnmower parts on your Jeep!!:D Nice one Zac Squatch yet another inovative idea!!:thumbup:

Umm.. I prefer Appalachian American.....

ZacSquatch said:
Umm.. I prefer Appalachian American.....

:laugh3: OK, AA it is!!:D

porkies said:
Then if you go through lots of water or mud then there is also a straight shot into your intake. Or if your cruising down dirt roads behind someone you just getting all sorts of dust in there. I guess if you just do rocks than it would be good. But at least the other was it has to work to get in there.

WTF?? I beleive the filter does that... same as any stock filter would... this even eliminates a lot of splash from underneith that I was experiencing.

ZacSquatch said:
WTF?? I beleive the filter does that... same as any stock filter would... this even eliminates a lot of splash from underneith that I was experiencing.

No he was talking about what I posted... I wasn't saying ram air straight shot. something like this from the side. It would just force a lot of cool air into the engine bay.

Untitled-1.jpg

ZacSquatch said:

ya i wasnt talking about your mower deal. I was talking about having the intake rite in front. Was just sayin that it would open it up to get a lot nore junk in there than you would want.

As for the mower deal, hey it would be a heat shield and its a good idea. The bigger trucks such as silverado's, have a box set up around the actual cone to act as the same heat deflecting shield.

OK?

Last edited:
porkies said:
ya i wasnt talking about your mower deal. I was talking about having the intake rite in front. Was just sayin that it would open it up to get a lot nore junk in there than you would want.

As for the mower deal, hey it would be a heat shield and its a good idea. The bigger trucks such as silverado's, have a box set up around the actual cone to act as the same heat deflecting shield.

OK?

My bad..

And I'm still debating on the hi lift mount

Rehab is for quitters...

I used a 2.5 galon water jug for my cold air scoop. Same kind of principal you have. It keeps the hot radiator air off the filter.

tigerShark said:
the ram-air thing would probably see the best results on the street.

yeah, you could always make a cool jet fighter engine plug type thing to stuff in it when you went off roading.

I was even thinking about an afterburner and a ejecting canopy as well

I had the same deal with my Mr Fusion reactor.. gas company blew up my ride because I wasnt buying gas.
40-mr_fusion-1.jpg

Back